Monday 14 September 2015

In Pursuit of Platform Beds


Jenny J. Norris, Domino Magazine



Guest Bedroom decorating is in full swing over here, and I'm on the hunt for the perfect platform bed  ahead of my in-laws visit in a little over a month (yikes!). It will be their first time in Australia and I want the room to be the perfect welcome to our new beach lifestyle. I'm also really excited to be decorating another bedroom.

I'm looking for a really simple natural wood platform frame- low to the floor with clean lines for the casual bohemian beach vibe I'm going for in this room. What do you think?



Gemma Cagnacci, Design Sponge
Doris Lee, via Apartment Therapy
Domino Magazine

Lonny Magazine 


                                                          John and Christine Gachot, Domino Magazine 

Melanie Acevedo, Domino Magazine

I've found it really difficult to find a queen sized platform bed I like for the right price- I'm considering designing my own and having it custom made, and also searching Gumtree.com.au daily in hopes the perfect vintage platform bed pops up!

Here's a round up of my favourite platform beds- which is yours? 
Bedroom & More, San Francisco $1,925USD

West Elm Mid-Century Bed in Acorn, $1299AUD
Kumo Low Wooden Bed in Walnut, £1,220 


Blueprint- Melbourne, price on ask
Freedom Furniture Rhodes Bed, $799AUD

King Furniture Bay Bed, price on ask

IKEA Malm
And then, there's the inescapable Ikea MALM bed. Damn you Ikea and your cheap prices and good catalogue styling... As much as K and I try to avoid introducing more Ikea into our home, it's hard to beat the shape of the Ikea MALM, especially at $359AUD. 

Maybe I'd like it better if I painted it? 

primed and painted on eye-swoon.com- this is pretty gorgeous
Does anyone have the IKEA Malm bed? Does it hold up over the years? Our guest room won't be getting use too terribly often, but I'd hate to get a bed that will only need to be replaced in a couple years. Share your thoughts in the comments! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive